Call us at: 208.398.0093
Design Center by Appointment Only
Prior and During your Design Consultation
- Your decorating style: Is it formal or casual, comfortable or chic? Bold colors can be fun or dramatic. Subtle hues are perfect for a room decorated in neutral, earthy colors. Do you prefer corded styles or sleeker, streamlined cordless ones?
- Light and privacy: Decide whether you want your room bright and airy or more “buttoned up” and cozy. Blinds tilt to let the sun in or keep it out; when they’re closed, you lose light. Shades have fabric options that are room-darkening or light-filtering, giving you more control over brightness. But unless you opt for the most sheer, they have to be pulled up to let light in or down to deter nosy neighbors.
- Budget: Are you outfitting just one window or the entire house? You may consider spending more on certain windows and scaling back on others. Window treatments are priced by size, so expect larger treatments to cost more. Custom sizes and specialty fabrics, patterns, and features also add to the cost.
- Safety: If you have kids, opt for cordless styles
- Cleaning: Blinds don’t need professional cleaning, but they can be dust magnets. To make dusting them easier, use Swiffer’s 360° Duster (it’s a Seal holder). Shades in textured fabrics and weaves hide soil better, but cleaning shades is trickier — you can lightly vacuum and spot-clean, but bigger messes are best left to the pros.